On Friday morning, 7:15am, I had to rush outside after hearing unusual noise. So painful, the daughter of a neighbor who lost her father a while ago had just being killed by an over-speeding driver. InnaliLLaahi wa inna ilayHi raaji'uun. May Allaah grant her His favour and ease the affairs of those she left behind.
After the dust settled, of course, we immediately commenced plans to bury our sister. What is particularly disturbing is the fact that it took us several hours to be able to secure a Muslim graveyard. I put this question to YOU now; do you know a Muslim graveyard anywhere around you? No one wishes to lose loved ones but the inevitable would always come uninvited!
Now I am feeling guilty for suspending the Dawahnigeria Directory project. We shut it down 2 years ago after it was clear that we did not have the resources to collate the directory information on our own. The directory was to contain listing of Muslim businesses, organizations/societies, hospitals, schools, madrasahs, graveyard and mosques all over Nigeria.
If this project were to have been available, maybe we would have buried Mutmainnah some hours earlier. We would have simply searched for the closest Muslim graveyard, gotten verified contact phone number and detailed location information.
I am sending this mail to seek your opinion on whether we should alter our timeline of product release and add this project to our list of short term action (this year).
What is required to work on this project?
- You and me who know one or more entities of interest
- A network of data gatherers who would be ready to make one or more phone calls or visit somewhere close by to get data. Some of the required information is probably in the custody of some societies or associations in various localities, cities or states.
- Funding to handle coordination and logistics
- Dawahnigeria would set up a dedicated number and email address to receive directory information through email and sms.
- Volunteers either signify interest first or proceed straight to action in helping gathering data in their locality, city or state.
- Dawahnigeria IT team would work on building the portal
- After reaching an agreed number of records, we launch the project.
Once again, O Ummaah of the Rasuul (may the peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), can we handle this, now?
Send your opinion to us by replying this mail.
The Edawah Foundation
08075724378, 07025832605, 07068106801